In order to get paid the marketing fee, you will need to complete the appropriate Payment Setups within your EPS Account.
This guide will walk you through:
- what is a payment setup
- new payment setup
- setting up a new bank account
- pre-existing bank accounts
- updating a payment set up
- editing bank account details
- tax form status
Payment Setup Overview
What is a Payment Setup?
It's a combination of a tax form and your bank details. The tax form can be either W-9, for US based partners, or W-8-BEN, for non-US based partners.
Why do I need to complete these?
Bank details: we will use this account to send you Marketing Fee payments.
Tax form: EPS is a US company and we make our payments out of the US, which means that all of our partners are required to complete a US tax form. If you're a US based partner, we will use the tax form details to determine whether your payments will need to be reported to the IRS. If you're a non-US based partner, we will use the tax form details to certify that the payments do not need to be reported to the IRS.
Instructions for Your Payment Setup
New payment setup
To create a new setup you will need to add bank account information and complete the appropriate tax form. Depending on whether you are on our V3, Rapid or both APIs, you will see the relevant cards.
1. Go to the 'Payment Setup' section within your EPS Account.
4. Select the appropriate card, then choose a bankand the correct tax form to associate with the setup. (See below to learn about adding bank accounts).
You need to have at least one bank account set up. If you don’t have any, you will be prompted to create one.
5. Depending on the tax form you have selected, you will then be required to provide appropriate information.
6. When you have completed the form and are happy with all the details, click 'Submit' to finish the setup.
7. Your payment setup will now need to be reviewed by the affiliate accounting team - it will stay in the Pending status until it's either Approved or Rejected.
8. If the payment setup has been Rejected, an EPS team member will get in touch with you. You will also be able to see the new status in your Payment Setup tab (Pending action section).
Setting up a new bank account
3. Once you have saved a new bank account, it will become available in payment setup. You can add it to new and existing payment setups.
Pre-existing bank accounts
When you first view Your Bank Details section, you might find some pre-existing bank accounts with only partially populated details. This is because we have migrated some of your information based on details you have previously given us. Note: this information is incomplete and you will need to add bank information before using these accounts with Payment Setup.
See section below to learn about updating bank account details.
You can always update a payment setup, regardless of its status. This means you can change the bank account, the tax form or both. Changing the bank account will not affect the status of the payment setup. Note: if you update the tax form that has been 'Approved', the payment setup will go back to 'Pending' status.
Editing bank account details
Details for an existing bank account can be updated at any point. Please note: Any changes you make, will be automatically applied to any payment setup that is linked to this account (old and new).
1. To update bank account details, go to 'You bank details' tab within Payment Setup.
2. Click on the 'Settings' icon next to an existing account. This will take you to an Edit form, where you can amend any details necessary. Select 'Update' to save changes.
|Pending||You have submitted a new or updated tax form. It's currently awaiting review by the accounting team.|
|Rejected||Your tax form was rejected by our accounting team. They will be in touch to explain the reason and help you fix any issues.|
|Approved||You tax form has been approved and does not require any further action. If you amend any details, the form will need to be reviewed again.|